• Get your FREE PDF instantly – Essential tips for homeowners!

    Download Now
  • We’re here to help you discover all your options and make decisions with confidence.

Schedule A Consultation
(713) 461-6500
(713) 461-6500
August 18, 2023
Jason McLaurin

Commercial Insurance Claims

Schedule A Consultation
Read Full Post

FAQS About Commercial Insurance Claims

Below are some frequently asked questions about Commercial Insurance Claims:

What commercial insurance do I need for my business?

Our commercial insurance claims lawyer can review your business model and operations to determine if you need additional insurance coverage beyond general liability coverage, workers compensation coverage, and commercial property insurance. In fact, most business owners should carry several insurance policies, including:

  • General commercial liability insurance
  • Professional liability/errors and omissions insurance
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Business interruption insurance
  • Product liability
  • Commercial property insurance
  • Commercial umbrella policy
  • Cyber liability
  • Commercial auto insurance (if your business has vehicles/drivers)
  • Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
  • Directors and officers insurance (D&O)
  • Liquor liability insurance (for bars, restaurants, and locations that sell alcohol)
  • Inland marine insurance (if you transport materials or equipment)

Does my oil or gas company need additional commercial insurance?

Yes, oil and gas companies need additional commercial insurance for pollution liability to cover their legal fees and expenses in case their operations inadvertently cause an environmental accident. Spills and leaks can bankrupt even large oil and gas companies between bad publicity, clean-up costs, lawsuits, and EPA fines.

How will a commercial insurance claims lawyer help me navigate my claim?

Our commercial Insurance litigation attorneys can help you with every step of your claim process, including:

  • Reviewing your insurance policies to determine how much coverage you qualify to receive and any conditional terms in your policy
  • Gathering evidence for the claim on-site, such as taking photos of broken windows or locks for a theft or vandalism claim
  • Helping you complete the appropriate forms to file the claim with your insurer
  • Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf
  • Submitting additional evidence to the insurance company as requested
  • Helping you file an appeal for a denial
  • Taking your claim to court if the insurance company acts in bad faith

Can a commercial insurance claim lawyer help me with a claim denial?

Yes. Our commercial insurance claims attorney can review your claim’s relevant evidence and determine if the insurance company denied your claim in good faith. We can help you submit an appeal for review with additional evidence or file a suit against your insurance company in court to pursue the appropriate compensation for your damages.

Insurance adjusters often try to deny or underpay claims. Having a commercial claims attorney from our firm, McLaurin Law in Houston, TX, on your side can help keep the insurance company honest about real damages your business has suffered. Call us at (713) 461-6500 when you need more than luck!


Copyright © 2023. McLaurin Law, PLLC. All Rights Reserved.
McLaurin Law, PLLC

4544 Post Oak Place Dr
Suite 350 Houston, TX 77027

(713) 461-6500http://mdlawtex.wpenginepowered.com/

Related Services

Hours of Operation

Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Available by Phone: 24/7

Whether you are recovering from a personal injury or attempting to recover compensation with an insurance coverage claim or appeal, our legal team will vigorously advocate on your behalf.
Personal Injury and Insurance Law Attorneys in Houston, TX
© Copyrights 2024. McLaurin Law PLLC. All Rights Reserved.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship