Houston Denied Insurance Claim Lawyer
Have You Ever Filed a Residential or Commercial Insurance Claim in Texas and been Evaded, Undercut, or Outright Denied? Call our Houston Area Bad Faith Insurance Claim Lawyer to Help You Obtain Your Compensation for Damages to Structure, Dwelling, Property, or Persons
It is not uncommon for insurance companies and their claims adjusters to use every trick in the book to protect their bottom line, which means you have to be extra vigilant when pursuing a claim.
Why Choose McLaurin Law PLLC for Your Bad Faith Insurance Claim Case?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO. Highly rated on Google. Rated Rising Star by Super Lawyers. Rated top lawyer by Houstonia Magazine.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- Experienced – Founder Jason McLaurin has over a decade of experience representing clients at trial, arbitration, and mediation in matters concerning insurance policyholder recovery disputes, complex commercial litigation, and catastrophic personal injury claims.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Urgency, Empathy, and Detail – Your case is the center of your world. We work with urgency to resolve your case quickly, empathy to ensure you feel heard, and meticulous detail to ensure no aspect of your case is missed.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – This is an incredibly stressful time in your life. You expect to receive help paying for what happened, and your insurance only throws in roadblocks. Our team is incredibly experienced and truly understands the complications of a company not acting in good faith.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what is happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – We accommodate your busy schedule.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you with a second opinion on your case.
Texas Consumer Bill of Rights
Texas has implemented a Consumer Bill of Rights regarding homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policies. The Consumer Bill of Rights prohibits your insurance company, agent, or adjuster from “making false, misleading, or deceptive statements relating to your insurance.” Other provisions cover your privacy rights and include protections against being denied coverage in the first place. The Texas Department of Insurance enforces the Consumer Bill of Rights.
Texas Unfair Claims Practices Act
Texas knows how insurance companies operate and has laws protecting policyholders from bad faith practices. Among other practices, the Texas Unfair Claims Practices Act prohibits:
- Misrepresenting policy provisions relating to the claim
- Failing to respond with “reasonable promptness” to the claim or any correspondence relating to it, in other words, the company cannot evade you or your questions
- Failing to promptly investigate the claims submitted
- Not attempting “in good faith” to issue a “prompt, fair, and equitable” settlement of a claim, the liability for which has become “reasonably clear”
- Forcing the policyholder to file a lawsuit to recover the correct amount for a claim by offering less than what the policyholder obtained in the original suit
- Failing to provide a reasonable explanation for denying the claim or offering a compromise settlement
The Statute of Limitations on any breach of good faith claim in Texas is Two Years from the time damages were accrued.
The State of Texas Sets Time Limits for Insurance Companies
Texas requires insurers to settle claims within 35 business days. They have 15 business days after a policyholder files a claim to acknowledge it by forwarding the instructions and paperwork they need from the policyholder. The paperwork should include proof-of-loss forms, which serve as a sworn statement by the policyholder as to the extent of the damage or injuries. The insurers then have five business days to make the final payment once the claim is approved.
At the first sign of stalling or low-balling by the insurer, you need to get an attorney involved who is familiar with the claims process and accustomed to standing up to their tricks and tactics. If you try to go it alone, you can easily fall victim to their bad faith settlement practices without knowing it.
Even if the insurer settles with you equitably, they may try to recoup their expenses by raising your premium. You should also involve attorneys in this because you should not be punished financially for making a valid claim.
Should I Get a Lawyer for My Denied Insurance Claim?
Maybe you are the type of person who is hesitant to sue. Still, you have dutifully paid your insurance premium specifically for moments like these. Insurance companies are notorious for low-balling compensation for claims and even for denying claims altogether. They hire highly trained professionals known as insurance adjusters, who will deal with you and the claimant and use every trick they can to get you to say something they can use to diminish or exclude the claim. You’ve already paid for coverage. Shouldn’t you get it?
Shouldn’t your insurance now work for you? If so, hiring a Bad Faith Insurance Claim attorney is, unfortunately, a reality for ensuring you get what is right.
Client Reviews – McLaurin Law PLLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience
“They diligently explained every situation in detail to me and answered all of my questions,” “In the end the group maximized my claim–for which I am very grateful,” “I was very fortunate to fall into the care of McLaurin Law,” “Excellent firm,” “Mr. McLaurin is readily accessible, responsive, knowledgeable, and receptive to my input,” “Very personable and knowledgeable attorney,” “We will use this firm for all of our future legal needs,” “Mr. McLaurin handled our case with expertise and professionalism,” “He was prompt, attentive, and extremely capable,” “Dealing with legal issues are rarely pleasant, but Mr. McLaurin really made the whole process as smooth as possible,” “always made me feel comfortable in this unexpected situation,” “very professional, yet down to earth and easy to relate to,” “I appreciate the time and attention they put in my case,” “I highly recommend their profession service to anyone,” “Jason McLaurin sees a range of solutions, listens comprehensively, is open to discussion and is committed to the long haul toward a trial date,” “Mr. Jason is very straight forward, responsive and a professional lawyer,” “He handled my case professionally and constantly communicated with me in a timely manner about its status.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Locally, clients come to us from Houston, Katy, Pasadena, Woodland, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Kingwood, Galveston, Cypress, and all throughout Texas.