HOUSTON, Texas—Jason C. McLaurin, Attorney and Founding Member of McLaurin Law, PLLC, announces that Associate Attorney Divya Raj has earned a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit from UT Law for her attendance at The Car Crash Seminar 2023.
The ultimate program for practitioners of all experience levels, The Car Crash Seminar presented in-depth fundamentals, from initial client contact through trial or settlement, to help participants better understand the law and pivotal cases to better serve their clients’ interests. During the two-day conference, which took place on August 17 and 18 at the AT&T Conference Center, the agenda covered the following topics, presented by experienced Texas attorneys:
- Texas Auto Policies
- Important Cases in the Prosecution and Defense of UM/UIM Cases
- Negotiating with Insurance Adjusters
- Subrogation and Liens: Medicare, Medicaid, and Hospitals
- Understanding the Law and the Importance of the Alcohol Over-Service Case
- Seatbelts and Police Opinions: Two Outcome Determinative Issues
- Medical Bills in Car Crashes
- Discovery and Admissability of Medical Records, Medical Bills, and Related Data
- Practical Advice for Conducting Effective, Ethical, and Efficient Discovery
- Ethical Duties and Practical Advice for Working with Clients
- Prosecuting and Defending Personal Injury Cases with Minor Property Damage
- Recurring Ethics Issues in Car Crashes
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Jury Selection
- Storytelling and Themes to Expose the Defense’s Use of Psychology in Trial
"I am thrilled to have earned a CLE credit for attending the UT Law 2023 Car Crash Seminar,” says Raj. “I gained much more than just a few hours towards my CLE requirement; the conference expanded my knowledge of car crash law, taught me critical skills in conflict resolution, and gave me valuable practical advice about handling car accident cases, managing interaction with other involved parties like insurance adjusters, and providing the highest level of service to our valued clients. I’m grateful for the opportunity to attend this educational seminar, and I look forward to implementing what I learned into my legal practice at McLaurin Law.”
“The success of our firm relies upon the talent, knowledge, experience, and commitment of our team to constant improvement,” adds McLaurin. “Divya’s attendance at the UT Car Crash Seminar and accomplishment of a CLE credit demonstrate her willingness to learn new skills and apply them in service to our clients. I’m proud to count her among our accomplished team.”
For more information, visit McLaurin Law, PLLC.
About McLaurin Law, PLLC
Jason McLaurin is a founding member of McLaurin Law. He has over a decade of experience representing clients at trial, arbitration, and mediation in matters concerning insurance policyholder recovery disputes, complex commercial litigation, and catastrophic personal injury claims. He also represents businesses as outside general counsel for clients in a variety of industries, including construction, oil and gas, maritime, technology, and professional services. He is licensed and handles matters in both Texas and Louisiana.